Check out my video tutorial here - CLICK HERE
I used a 3" half-dome ornament that I purchased from Michaels. There are two halves in each package. I also picked up different sizes of glitter/snow here as well.
1. Cut background from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper using the Scalloped Circle that fits best to the ornament half you have.
2. Use your Stampin Up Circle dies (I used a #6 - when counting from center to outer ring) to cut the Season of Cheer snowflake DSP paper. This will be your night sky.
3. Cut one Whisper White circle (#6) for the houses. Cut one Silver Foil circle (#6) for the sleigh and horse and cut one circle from dazzling diamonds (or use the other half of the whisper white circle left over from the houses) to cut out the tree layer.
4. Using the Sleigh Ride Edgelits - cut your layers. Start by cutting the trees (front row), then use this layer to see where to cut your sleigh out of the silver foil paper. Use stampin dimensionals to layer these two pieces together to create depth.
5. Next use the first two layers to see where to cut out your houses out of the whisper white. This will be your third layer. Use the dimensionals to layer this to the other two layers (trees -front, sleigh - second layer, houses - third layer).
6. Attach the layers to your Season of Cheer background sky matching up the bottom curve to all layers. I used the Tombow glue to adhere the layers to the background. Once all the layers are together, glue them to your Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Scalloped Paper - centered.
7. Add snow - glitter, large glitter and such in a pile in the center of your layered pieces.
8. Use a hot glue gun to glue your half ornament dome to the scene. Working fast as to attach it before it dries. You will need to go back around the edges with the hot glue gun to make sure all the edges are sealed and no glitter escapes. Use a thin ribbon of glue and a light touch so that to much glue doesn't get around the edges and become messy.
9. Cover the glued edge of the ornament with ribbon. Attach a loop of silver cording or ribbon to hang the ornament and tie a bow and glue it to the top of the ornament. You are done and now have an awesome handmade ornament to top gifts or give as a gift to teachers, neighbors, the postman...etc.
Click here to purchase your supplies - SHOP
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog